Monday, October 24, 2011

3 Oct 2011

Wow amazing weekend, But before i forget give me janessas email so i can write she is not very fast at writing letters.
And DID YOU GET MY PACKAGE? it is the most amazing package in the world, i hope it did not break

But wow we are so blessed to live in utah I LOVE UTAH the greatest place on the world this week watching general conferance with all the bolivian i was just like that is my house, i live there... i kinda bragged a little hhaa, but i love utah i am so excited to be able to walk around temple square when i get back, really we are so blessed to live in utah.
Anyway quick story so this transfer has been a tough one for me, alot of apostacy in the branch where i am, i had to talk to presidente and we had to change the president, alot of the members got a little angry with me and my comp for doing that, and they did not like to support us in the work, and after that the house we live in there is women that are young wich is agaiinst missionary handbook. so once again i had to change that, and the elders have lived in this house more than ten years, so everyone just thinks i am crazy. at times it has been a real big trial of my integrity we are way outside santa cruz i am zl no one is going to come check on us, so i think that is why elders have lived in the same house so long, talked with my comp and we decided to just be obedient. At time it really is difficult to be obedient to the commandments of the lord, they may look small and insignificant but every decision we make have eternal consequences, whether they be good consequences or bad. i am learning more than ever to just look forward dont think in the moment act in the moment, always have the eternal perspective in mind and this will change the way we choose to act, think, and be.
I love this gospel and i am realizing my many faults every single day, this last week i got into a big fight with my companion, he has been quite lazy this transfer, i have tried to animate him and do every thing in my power to help him be more excited for the work of the lord, this last wednesday i went to the shower at night got back and he was in bed, i lost it... i started talking in a loud voice and just telling him how horrible he is doing, and i made the big mistake, i started putting him down.. and after several minutes of him just listening to me, he just shut off did not want to listen and just became more lazy, i went to the bathroom to think for a bit and when i got back he just told me, all that he is going through how tired he is, how he does not have the endurance to work with me, and how sorry he is for not being perfect. and he asked me to forgive him.... never have i felt so inconsiderad of others, i just had all this guilt shoved into my face and it just came into my mind how would jesus handle this situation, certainly not like i did. the point of this story is that alot of people start to think that to be a good leader you have to be a big yeller and know how to make people feel bad, and what they are doing wrong, this experience has helped me realize once again how much i have to change. Every single one of us has the commandment to become like christ, i hope that all of us can have this more often in our minds, and pray every day for strentgh to become as he is. D and C 88.22 this is one of my favorite and D and C 76. 50-70 I invite and urge you two to be able to study these and learn for yourselves what is really is to Become as he is.
And ask yourself some questions
Where am i in my personal progress, and path to Celestial Kingdom.?
What are some of the attributes of a celestial being?
What should i do to gain these attributes?
What can i do today to start becoming, what i am destined to be?

I love you all tons, Happy b day mom. I love you tons Your the best mom in the world.
Love ELder Olsen
Arriiiiiba BOLIVIA

No comments:

Post a Comment