Friday, May 25, 2012

9 Apr 2012

Dear Family,

So this week was great, we had some amazing experiences working with the children of the Lord here in Bolivia, a quick experience i had this week so we went by a members house and there grandfather was there and when i presented myself it was as if something sparked in his eyes and he asked me who my grandfather was i told him he got a little dissapointed then i said but my great grandfather is Eugene Olsen and wow he lit up so fast started telling me about all the times he had to visit with my great grandfather and how much good he did for the people of bolivia how he opened the doors for the nation to here the gospel, then a second time we went to a different members house to eat lunch and his grandpa was there he also knew personally Eugene Foss Olsen and he has also had lunch wiht him in his house more than thirty years ago, a third time we are walking by the street stop by a members house his dad from cochababba comes out to meet us, he also knew grandpa nad i t turns out grandpa is in his line of authority for the priesthood, anyway all three of the encounters with different people from all over bolivia really helped me realize the importance of setting a legacy of faith, thanks to my great grandfather Eugene Foss Olsen i am here and firm in the gospel of Jesus Christ and i ahve met some of the very people he taught and testified of the same things i am so greatful for hime i love my middle name and all it stands for.
Family remember everything you do is either building up or destroying your legacy of the faith we have to set the standads for the future. be bold, be courageous, be an Olsen
Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment